Monday, February 11, 2013

It IS simple, when we give up our will for His...


It IS simple, if we give up our will for His!!


Matthew 6:10


New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
.


Luke 22:41-43


New King James Version (NKJV)

41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” 43 Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. 
It is time to truly ask ourselves are we really ready for His will in our lives?  Are we truly putting God's will and Kingdom above our will and world? God is calling us to come up higher and closer to Him.  It is time for sincere, prayerful self examination before God. As I am writing this to you, you should know that The Lord brought this to me over a couple years ago.  At that time he provoked me, by His Holy Spirit to question my thoughts, motives, and actions.  Then I came to the conclusion that there were things that I had been holding onto, that were keeping me from going deeper in Him. It is there I had to ask myself, how bad do I want Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal things to me.  Am I really willing to hold onto things keeping me from the sweet depth of The Holy Spirit?  I had to take inventory of my life and choices. I had to take inventory of all the things, hopes and dreams I was expecting God to make happen in my life.  Why was I consistently expecting Him to give me His all, when I was not ready/willing to give Him my all? Was I really ready for all of Him or just satisfied with part of Him?

As I was subconsciously agonizing over all the things I would have to change and give up, the Holy Spirit began to show me... "It IS simple, if you give up your will, for His..."  How bad did I really want God in my life? Also, not just in my life, but to rule and reign?  Well, I was at that point; the point where I finally did not care about anything or anyone more than Him.  I wanted Him, no matter what.  God, I'm ready.  Come in, teach me, show me, lead me into, not my will, but your will.  Once I had that yearning, He began to show me things, rearrange my life, subtract, add, adjust, and it was perfectly fine with me.  I had finally given up the driver's seat and handed Him the keys.  Yes, I still have days where I try to pick up the keys and the Holy Spirit politely taps me on my shoulder and reminds me, to be patient and put them back.  Therefore, if Jesus in all His majesty, power and glory submitted to the Father's will, who am I or you, to not submit to His will and lay ours down...  The decision IS that simple and once we truly make the decision to follow His will and trust Him, he will lead and guide us by His grace, His word and His Spirit until He returns...

It is time to stay focused in these days.  Do not be deceived, Jesus IS the way the truth and the Life…

Galatians 6:7-10

New King James Version (NKJV)
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. 

John 14

New King James Version (NKJV)
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.


We must start by Truly knowing God loves us, loving Him back and loving others

Matthew 22:36-40
New International Version (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Hebrews 12:14-17

The Message (MSG)
14-17 Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you’ll never get so much as a glimpse of God. Make sure no one gets left out of God’s generosity. Keep a sharp eye out for weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time. Watch out for the Esau syndrome: trading away God’s lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite. You well know how Esau later regretted that impulsive act and wanted God’s blessing—but by then it was too late, tears or no tears.

1 Peter 1:14-16

New King James Version (NKJV)
14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

2 Timothy 2:21

New King James Version (NKJV)
21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work..

Be willing to serve Him and others

Mark 10:45

New King James Version (NKJV)
45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

Romans 12:1

New King James Version (NKJV)
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Ephesians 6:5-8

New King James Version (NKJV)
Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eye service, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.

Galatians 6

New King James Version (NKJV)
Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load.
Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.


Be Ready when the Lord returns!

Revelation 1:7

New King James Version (NKJV)
Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.


1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.[a]
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive andremain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.


1 Corinthians 4:5

New King James Version (NKJV)

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment